Program Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering
Course MBMG 500 Essentials in Molecular Biology
Lecture topic Bioinformatics
Lecturer Assistant Professor Dr.Duangrudee Tanramluk
Tel: i+ 1211
Date/Time Tuesday 27 August 2019 (13.30-15.30 pm) Room C405
At the end of this lecture, students should be able to
- Describe principles and flow of bioinformatics data necessary for research
- Identify bioinformatics tools used for sequence and structural analysis
- Describe benefits of using bioinformatics for research
Lesson contents in brief:
Overview, central dogma and bioinformatics information, types of bioinformatics data, structural bioinformatics data, bioinformatics databases and applications.
- Lesk, A.M. (2008) Introduction to Bioinformatics. Oxford University Press.
- Luscombe NM, Greenbaum D, Gerstein M. What is bioinformatics? A proposed definition and overview of the field. Methods of information in medicine.2001;
- Bourne, P.E. and Weissig, H., eds (2003) Structural Bioinformatics. John Wiley & Sons.
- Online quizzes
- Questions and answers
Learning materials provided:
- Powerpoint slides
Written examination (3 questions)