Visualization of CRISPR-Cas9 complex
Program Ph.D. (Systems Biosciences)
Course MBSB 504 Techniques in Systems Biosciences
Lecture topic Visualization of CRISPR-Cas9 complex
Lecturer Asst. Prof. Dr.Duangrudee Tanramluk
Date/Time Tuesday 14 June 2022 (13.30 ̶ 15.30 pm) Room MB Building (Laboratory C410)
At the end of this lecture, students should be able to
1. Describe the components of CRISPR-Cas9 structures
2. Create graphical illustration of CRISPR-Cas9 complexes
Lesson contents in brief:
Visualization of CRISPR-Cas 9 structures retrieved from bioinformatics databases, learn to create poster of the structure from Nishimasu H, et al.’s CRISPR-Cas9 paper
- Nishimasu, H., et al. (2014). “Crystal Structure of Cas9 in Complex with Guide RNA and Target DNA.” Cell 156(5): 935-949. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867414001561)
2. Hands on practice
A Personal Computer with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
1. Discovery Studio, Photoscape, Powerpoint (download from: Google Class)
3. Powerpoint slides via website.
Access the Interactive Slides here!
1.Take a photo of physical model of the four helix bundle cytochrome b562, PDBID: 256b. Browse Protein structures in http://www.CATHdb.info/ and if possible make your physical model and take picture with your name written underneath.
2.Learn to create poster of the structure from Nishimasu H, et al.’s CRISPR-Cas9 paper (Source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867414001561)
3.Make protein structure animations and send the file to me.
Assessment #1, #2, #3 above with the file name (StudentName_XXX.YYY) Practical on hemoglobin (.jpg/.png) + Crispr-Cas9 poster (.gif/.pdf/.png/.jpg) + Protein animation (.gif/.mp4)
Please post the folder (containing 3 files per each student) to Google Class by June 18, 2022.